pyinstaller never ends

David Chisholm
I'm new to programming and I'm really confused.

I'm using Spyder with Python 3.5.6 on Windows 7 Professional.

I wrote a script that will make a GUI that makes predictions based on user input.

I am able to save the script as a .py file and it will run without issue in Spyder's IPython console when I input the following command:

!python property_predicting_gui.py

When I try to do the following command, however, it never completes; it just kind of freezes and I have to exit the console and start over.

!pyinstaller --onefile property_predicting_gui.py

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

Re: pyinstaller never ends

Raoul Snyman
On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 2:20 AM David Chisholm <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When I try to do the following command, however, it never completes; it just kind of freezes and I have to exit the console and start over.
>
> !pyinstaller --onefile property_predicting_gui.py

Have you tried running it from a terminal/command line instead of
through Spyder? Does that hang?

--
Raoul Snyman