Quantcast

pyinstaller and virus checks

Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer)
Because we cannot control the systems our customers run our software on, including what virus checkers they use, we run all of our executables through VirusTotal to check and see if any known antivirus detects us as a false positive.  We do sign our binaries.

Strangely, three of the binaries produced by pyinstaller get false positives even though the code they are compiled from do very different things:

Apply update: https://virustotal.com/en/file/53bd498feea3c7852c16ed2d9a649b8cc7ae2889fbb9b503b1a18c87ad8b0c11/analysis/1479333166/#item-detail
Download update: https://virustotal.com/en/file/1519184395abb8b0efaa4f9b82faeae58d96c423b983c3246b72fd6249c0e5d7/analysis/1479333446/#item-detail
Update manager: https://virustotal.com/en/file/ea70712a51bdbaac12f83d9eb6fd97fcce99f44ed460d0bea08ea75cee306862/analysis/1479334443/

Has anyone experiences anything similar?  I'd be very interested in hearing if there is an option or setting that would fix this.

Best,

coyot

GLENN GLAZER | Senior Software Engineer
m:
562.305.2920 | email:  [hidden email] | Second Life: Coyot Linden
LINDEN LAB | Create Virtual Experiences