pyinstaller and pythonnet are not friends!

pyinstaller and pythonnet are not friends!

Igor Futritski
Couldn't make the simple script below to compile and run on both 32 and 64 bit systems:

import clr

print 'ok'

1. anaconda 64 bit
2. pythonnet
3. I can build an exe file: pyinstaller clr_min_test.py
4. If I run it, it complains about missing python.runtime.dll
5. if I copy python.runtime.dll .exe folder, I get:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Python.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5000fea6cba702dd' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
   at clrModule.initclr()

Please help.
Igor

Re: pyinstaller and pythonnet are not friends!

Denis Akhiyarov
This should have been fixed in the master of pyinstaller as described in this issue:

https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/issues/1801