i don't want my lib to need hooks

Erik Aronesty
I have a library that uses:

- conditional imports for windows/linux
- entry_points for plugins
- 3rd party libs that require hook files to work (and i dont control)

I'd like to make it easy for devs to use pyinstaller.

Is there some way I can include, in my package, some entry point that allows pyinstaller to discover hidden imports?  IE: I want to *package* my hooks, so devs don't have to care about them... they get automagically used if you import my lib.

Again, I'd like users of my lib *not* to have to use hooks (which work fine, but i dont like them) - even though I know they are required for dependent libraries.

Re: i don't want my lib to need hooks

Hartmut Goebel
Hi,

Upcoming PyInstataller 4.0 will support this. Please see <https://github.com/pyinstaller/hooksample>

P.S. PYInstaller still need funding to get these cool features mplemented. Consider fudning: http://www.pyinstaller.org/funding.html

--
Schönen Gruß
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult, Landshut
http://www.goebel-consult.de

Blog: https://www.goe-con.de/blog/chatsecure-ist-tot-lang-lebe-chatsecure
Kolumne: https://www.goe-con.de/hartmut-goebel/cissp-gefluester/2011-11-in-troja-nichts-neues

0x7B752811BF773B65.asc (21K) Download Attachment