Quantcast

fatal error

Erica
I used pyinstaller to create an executable.  The process seemed to finish successfully, but when I try to open the Program, a popup window opens that says fatal error.  The message says that my program "returned -1".  Does anyone know what that means?  I can't find any documentation on that error message.

Re: fatal error

Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer)
On 12/14/16 15:08, Erica wrote:
I used pyinstaller to create an executable.  The process seemed to finish successfully, but when I try to open the Program, a popup window opens that says fatal error.  The message says that my program "returned -1".  Does anyone know what that means?  I can't find any documentation on that error message.

-1 (aka 127) is the default error code on many systems.  It means your program exited with an unspecified failure, that is, it didn't exit with sys.exit(), exit() or end of program.  There's really not enough information in your post, but a possible cause is an uncaught exception.

Best,

coyot
GLENN GLAZER | Senior Software Engineer
m:
562.305.2920 | email:  [hidden email] | Second Life: Coyot Linden
LINDEN LAB | Create Virtual Experiences

Re: fatal error

Erica
Ok thanks.  I just tried to recreate an executable (one that has worked successfully in the past) and it doesn't work now either.

Pyinstaller keeps stopping at the same spot, without an error message: "Redirecting Microsoft.VC90.CRT version (9, 0, 21022, 8) -> (9, 0, 30729, 9247)"

Could this be a compatibilaty issue of some sort?

Thanks

Erica