exe starts, displays welcome message and closes

exe starts, displays welcome message and closes

Simon Gregory
I have a simple game, which uses the pygame package.

I have no build errors when I use pyinstaller to generate an exe from my single Python source file. However, when I execute the file from the Command Line in Windows, I see the following output:

     pygame 1.9.6
     Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html

I am using Python 3.8.3 Windows x64) under Windows 10 Home edition

Any assistance would be much appreciated, thank you.

I tried inserting print statements in my Python source, but they wouldn't appear on the Windows command line or anywhere else I could find.

Thank you, Simon