bootloader question

dhyams
I'm trying to add a feature to the bootloader, but can't seem to get out of the starting blocks...I can modify and recompile the bootloader, but when a rerun pyinstaller to build my app, it doesn't seem to use the bootloader that I've modified.  Can anyone advise on what I might be doing wrong?

I do:

cd $my_local_pyinstaller_dist/bootloader
python waf clean
python waf configure
*edit source code, adding a few chars to the VS("_MEIPASS...") statement in common/main.c*
python waf build
python waf install
cd $where_my_script_is_that_i_want_to_package
python $my_local_pyinstaller_dist/pyinstaller.py -w -d -y MacApp.py

Then when I run my app, I don't get the extra chars that I added to _MEIPASS print statement.  I do see "_MEIPASS is..." in the console, but not my stuff.

To make sure I wasn't picking up the 64-bit Darwin bootloader (when I recompiled, I recompiled 32-bit), I removed them.

Getting late and pencils are dull... ;)

--
Daniel Hyams

Re: bootloader question

Martin Zibricky
Daniel Hyams píše v St 03. 04. 2013 v 23:00 -0400:

> cd $my_local_pyinstaller_dist/bootloader
> python waf clean
> python waf configure
> *edit source code, adding a few chars to the VS("_MEIPASS...")
> statement in common/main.c*
> python waf build
> python waf install
> cd $where_my_script_is_that_i_want_to_package
> python $my_local_pyinstaller_dist/pyinstaller.py -w -d -y MacApp.py

This should just work.

Could you provide the output from  'python waf install'?

Could you just try manually remove directory ./bootloader/build ?

Re: bootloader question

dhyams

Ah, found the problem; I knew it had to be something silly.  If I manually delete the "build" dir (the one that is created when you run pyinstaller.py itself) it doesn't happen; I'm running my bootloader now.  I thought that pyinstaller always cleared that one out before each build, but I was wrong.  Thanks Martin!