Quantcast

Traceback errors when app is launched although no errors occur when app is run from .py file

Traceback errors when app is launched although no errors occur when app is run from .py file

brent dial
Anyone have any suggestions of the first things I should check?

Re: Traceback errors when app is launched although no errors occur when app is run from .py file

Hartmut Goebel
Am 21.12.2016 um 19:52 schrieb brent dial:
Anyone have any suggestions of the first things I should check?

Please read our FAQ and have a look at the Recipes.

--
Schönen Gruß
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult, Landshut
http://www.goebel-consult.de

Blog: http://www.goebel-consult.de/blog/das-fass-ist-voll-grunde-linux-201asystemd2018-zu-meiden
Kolumne: http://www.cissp-gefluester.de/2012-04-compliance-bringt-keine-sicherheit

Re: Traceback errors when app is launched although no errors occur when app is run from .py file

Steve Barnes

On 21/12/2016 18:52, brent dial wrote:

> Anyone have any suggestions of the first things I should check?

> <mailto:[hidden email]>.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/pyinstaller.

The first could of things to check are:

  1. Run your application from the command line and see what error
messages you get.
  2. You might also get error messages in /path/to/your/app/appname.exe.log
  3. Read the actual error messages they are normally very helpful, e.g.
if they say a library is missing it might be one that you have to tell
pyinstaller to include.
  4. Add some prints to your application, especially during startup to
help localise the problem(s).

  5. If you are having trouble understanding error messages then include
them in your post so that others can interpret.

--
Steve (Gadget) Barnes
those of my employer.