Re: cross-compilation of windows executables from linux

Re: cross-compilation of windows executables from linux

GlassGhost
I see this is an old thread; are there any newer procedures available to get the same effect?

On Monday, April 26, 2010 7:03:50 PM UTC+1, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 13:40 -0400, Brian Tsai wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I was reading the changelog of pyinstaller 1.4 and noticed that
> cross-compilation support of building windows executables on linux has
> now been added, anybody test this out/have any tips for how to do
> this?
>

> http://www.pyinstaller.org/browser/tags/1.4/doc/CHANGES.txt

Basically, you need to:

1) Mount a Windows partition containing the operating system, Python
itself and all the required dependencies.

2) Run PyInstaller/Configure.py --target-platform=win32 --executable=/mnt/WINDOWS/Python25/Python.exe

3) Run Build.py over your specfile (it should be OK to do this within a
Linux checkout of the source code, but you maybe better off trying it
first with a Windows checkout within the mounted partition).

Being a preliminar feature, any kind of feedback is very welcome.

--
Giovanni Bajo   ::  <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="uMzWg9SekywJ">ra...@...
Develer S.r.l.  ::  http://www.develer.com

My Blog: http://giovanni.bajo.it
Last post: Grey on black: combining greylisting with blacklists

Re: cross-compilation of windows executables from linux

Hartmut Goebel

No, this feature was abandoned. It's better to use wine, see http://www.pyinstaller.org/wiki/FAQ#Features for more about it.

--
Schönen Gruß