Quantcast

OSError: Python library not found: Python, .Python, libpython3.5.dylib

OSError: Python library not found: Python, .Python, libpython3.5.dylib

alan
Hello,

I'm trying to use pyinstaller to build an application on OSX. I'm in a virtual environment created using conda. When I run pyinstall I get the following error ...

OSError: Python library not found: Python, .Python, libpython3.5.dylib

Has anyone else encountered this error from a conda environment and is there a workaround?

Thanks!
Alan

Re: OSError: Python library not found: Python, .Python, libpython3.5.dylib

davecortesi

OSError: Python library not found: Python, .Python, libpython3.5.dylib

This is actually in the manual,

http://pythonhosted.org/PyInstaller/when-things-go-wrong.html?highlight=static#build-time-python-errors

Re: OSError: Python library not found: Python, .Python, libpython3.5.dylib

Craig Stark
I've hit this error as well and Googling turned up some potential issues with the way the Anaconda library is currently built.  If you do an "otool -L" on that dylib, you'll see it doesn't have @rpath in front of it.  Macs are very picky in how they chose to load a dylib and names and locations need to match exactly.

Do yourself a favor... I just went through hours and hours of trying to get the current Anaconda working well to no avail.  I tried MacPorts to no avail.  I made a VM and used homebrew and everything works perfectly without any hint of mucking with anything.  Yes, I needed to install SciPy and stuff manually, but pip handled the vast majority of it just fine.  The one exception was PyQt, which needed "brew install pyqt" and that was it.

Craig