How to make the test framework run a .app on OSX

How to make the test framework run a .app on OSX

Glenn Ramsey-2
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to implement a test for PyQt5's QWebEngine on OSX.

The following test setup generates both a 'standard' executable and a .app but
the test framework runs the standard exe, which doesn't work.

@importorskip('PyQt5')
def test_PyQt5_QWebEngine(pyi_builder):
    pyi_builder.test_source(
        """
        from PyQt5.QtWidgets import QApplication
        from PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets import QWebEngineView
        from PyQt5.QtCore import QUrl
        app = QApplication( [] )
        view = QWebEngineView()
        view.load( QUrl( "http://www.pyinstaller.org" ) )
        view.show()
        view.page().loadFinished.connect(lambda ok: app.quit())
        app.exec_()
        """, pyi_args=['--windowed', '--osx-bundle-identifier',
'org.qt-project.Qt.QtWebEngineCore'])

The .app runs if I double click it in Finder or execute it from the command line.

How do I tell the test framework to run the .app instead of the the standard exe?

Glenn

Re: How to make the test framework run a .app on OSX

Bryan A. Jones
I put my ideas about this in your PR.

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 11:50 PM, Glenn Ramsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
231 Simrall / PO Box 9571
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State, MS 39762
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~bjones
bjones AT ece DOT msstate DOT edu
voice 662-325-3149
fax 662-325-2298

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)