How to include QtWebEngineProcess.app?

Glenn Ramsey-2
Hi,

I ran into an issue where styles weren't properly included in a frozen app[1].

This is fixed in the develop branch, but on OSX it now doesn't package
QtWebEngineProcess.app. This was being packaged in 3.2.1, which is the version I
was using previously.

What do I need to do get PyInstaller to include QtWebEngineProcess.app?

FWIW I wrote the initial PyQt5 support (mostly by copying and revising the PyQt4
stuff) but that code has pretty much all been improved and replaced now so I no
longer know how it works.

Glenn

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48892935/pyinstaller-packaged-pyqt5-app-uses-wrong-style-on-macos

Re: How to include QtWebEngineProcess.app?

Bryan A. Jones
Glenn,

I have absolutely no idea how to get QtWebEngineProcess.app to work with Pyinstaller. I struggled with this for quite a while (seeĀ https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/pull/3233), but have no idea how to make that work. Any ideas are welcome!

Bryan

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 12:13 AM, Glenn Ramsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I ran into an issue where styles weren't properly included in a frozen app[1].

This is fixed in the develop branch, but on OSX it now doesn't package
QtWebEngineProcess.app. This was being packaged in 3.2.1, which is the version I
was using previously.

What do I need to do get PyInstaller to include QtWebEngineProcess.app?

FWIW I wrote the initial PyQt5 support (mostly by copying and revising the PyQt4
stuff) but that code has pretty much all been improved and replaced now so I no
longer know how it works.

Glenn

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48892935/pyinstaller-packaged-pyqt5-app-uses-wrong-style-on-macos

Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
231 Simrall / PO Box 9571
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State, MS 39762
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~bjones
bjones AT ece DOT msstate DOT edu
voice 662-325-3149
fax 662-325-2298

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)

Re: How to include QtWebEngineProcess.app?

Glenn Ramsey-2
Pull requests submitted for both issues:

QtWebEngineProcess issue on develop:
https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/pull/3506

Maybe has a few duplicated files, but it works for me and should show how to fix it.

OSX style plugin issue on master:
https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/pull/3505

Glenn