Excluding PyQt5 components

Glenn Ramsey-2
Hi,

With the updated PyQt5 packager in develop I notice that I get an extra 80MB of
files compared to using master.

What is the recommended way of excluding PyQt5 components that are not required?

Glenn

Re: Excluding PyQt5 components

Bryan A. Jones
Glenn,

I don't know, unfortunately. The "new and improved" system now packages translations and does a much better job of both finding plugins and tracking Qt library dependencies to include everything needed. So...the result is much larger.

Based on last few lines of https://pyinstaller.readthedocs.io/en/v3.3.1/spec-files.html#spec-file-options-for-a-mac-os-x-bundle, perhaps the best way (at the present) is to script the deletion of unwanted files. You can, of course, exclude modules (https://pyinstaller.readthedocs.io/en/v3.3.1/usage.html#what-to-bundle-where-to-search), but this won't apply to Qt libraries, plugins, or translations.

Bryan

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 6:03 PM, Glenn Ramsey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

With the updated PyQt5 packager in develop I notice that I get an extra 80MB of
files compared to using master.

What is the recommended way of excluding PyQt5 components that are not required?

Glenn

Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
231 Simrall / PO Box 9571
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State, MS 39762
http://www.ece.msstate.edu/~bjones
bjones AT ece DOT msstate DOT edu
voice 662-325-3149
fax 662-325-2298

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)