Creating Single Executable for Kivy Files

Creating Single Executable for Kivy Files

Chirag Goel
Hello Team,
I have tried almost all the blogs and stackoverflow answers but none seems to work for me when I try creating a Standalone executable for my Python and Kivy file Everything works fine when this is ran simply using the followed documentation guide https://kivy.org/doc/stable/guide/packaging-windows.html, but when I try to create executable using --onefile mode or -F switch, it indeed creates certain issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Creating Single Executable for Kivy Files

Elliot Garbus

I have not had any success building a single file executable with Kivy.

I have been successfully in built a number of apps using the directory model.  I then use Inno Setup  http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php , to pack the directory and executable into a single Windows Installer file.  Inno Setup has an easy to use Wizard that creates and runs the script file to build the windows installer.  It also automatically builds the uninstaller.

Hope that helps.