Can't get started

David Chandler
I am new to pyinstaller.  I am using Windows 10, Anaconda, and the Anaconda version of PyCharm.  I installed pyinstaller in a CMD window by doing:  pip install pyinstaller.  That seemed to work In my CMD window I then navigated to my application folder and typed:   pyinstaller <my-python-program.py>.  My system said pyinstaller was not recognized.  How can I get it recognized system-wide?

Re: Can't get started

Arthur van Acker
I had the same issue, and for me it worked when I tried it with PyInstaller, with a capital P and a capital I

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 8:16:21 AM UTC+1, David Chandler wrote:
I am new to pyinstaller.  I am using Windows 10, Anaconda, and the Anaconda version of PyCharm.  I installed pyinstaller in a CMD window by doing:  pip install pyinstaller.  That seemed to work In my CMD window I then navigated to my application folder and typed:   pyinstaller <my-python-program.py>.  My system said pyinstaller was not recognized.  How can I get it recognized system-wide?

Re: Can't get started

bwoodsend
Are you using the Anaconda prompt or just the bog-standard Windows cmd? It's a while since I stopped using Anaconda but I remember that it didn't add anything to PATH. Rather there was an activation bat file that would add all you Python installation paths to PATH temporarily and the Anaconda prompt ran that bat on opening.

Re: Can't get started

Nico Zanferrari
Hi,

on a standard installation on Windows 10, pyinstaller.exe will be executed from a folder like "C:\Users\nico\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Scripts" which normally is already present in your path.
Maybe this is not true in your case, or you must activate the Anaconda environment before using pyinstaller installed within it.

Nico