Bundle QWebEngine app on Mac? Anyone?

davecortesi
Has anyone successfully bundled a PyQt app that imports QWebEngineView, on Mac OS?

"Could not find QtWebEngineProcess; Abort trap: 6"

Thanks for any experiences.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Raoul Snyman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Actually, sorry, I just realised that I haven't done it yet, it's something I'll be doing soon. I'll see if I run into the same problem. I'm running PyQt5 with QtWebEngine on Mac OS fine, but I haven't gotten to the point of building a binary with it yet, my existing code still uses QtWebKit.

 Ah. Well, no doubt you have considered this change very carefully? Check every QWeb...  method call you make, that they are supported. I believe there is still quite a bit of Kit functionality for which the Engine does not offer an equivalent, owing to its design.

OTOH, I found that my app using WebKit regularly crashed when displaying pages with scripts or ad links, and with WebEngine is much more robust. So there's that.

But the intractable problem, for me, is that QWebEngine is MUCH more complex at run-time, not just a DLL and a widget, but apparently launching a complete asynchronous app. Under Mac OS, this resides as a whole Framework sub-directory in the Resources folder of the app, with complex @loader_path and @rpath external refs that PyInstaller doesn't know how to set up.