[ANN] PyInstaller 3.3

Hartmut Goebel
Hello,

on behalf of the PyInstaller development team I'm happy to announce
PyInstaller 3.3. Most important change for this release is the support
for Python 3.6.
   http://www.pyinstaller.org

Thanks for all those who contributed questions, bug-reports or
pull-requests.

=== What it is ===

PyInstaller bundles a Python application and all its dependencies into a
single package. The user can run the packaged app without installing a
Python interpreter or any modules.

PyInstaller reads a Python script written by you. It analyzes your code to
discover every other module and library your script needs in order to
execute.
Then it collects copies of all those files – including the active Python
interpreter! – and puts them with your script in a single folder, or
optionally in a single executable file.

PyInstaller is tested against Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. However, it
is not a cross-compiler: to make a Windows app you run PyInstaller in
Windows; to make a Linux app you run it in Linux, etc. PyInstaller has
been used successfully with AIX, Solaris, and FreeBSD, but is not tested
against them.

=== Installation ===

PyInstaller can be installed from PyPi using

   pip install pyinstaller

=== Important Changes ===

* Add Support for Python 3.6! Many thanks to xiovat! (#2331, #2341)

* New command line options for adding data files (``--datas``, #1990) and
  binaries (``--binaries``, #703)

* Add command line option '--runtime-tmpdir'.

* Bootloaders for Windows are now build using MSVC and statically linked with
  the run-time-library (CRT). This solved a lot of issues related to .dlls
  being incompatible with the ones required by ``python.dll``.

* Bootloaders for GNU/Linux are now officially no LSB binaries. This was
  already the case since release 3.1, but documented the other way round. Also
  the build defaults to non-LSB binaries now. (#2369)

* We improved and stabilized both building the bootloaders and the continuous
  integration tests. See below for details. Many thanks to all who worked on
  this.

* To ease solving issues with packages included wrongly, the html-file with a
  cross-reference is now always generated. It's visual appearance has been
  modernized (#2765).

The full changelog for this release can be found at:

   https://pyinstaller.readthedocs.io/en/v3.3/CHANGES.html

=== Feedback ===

We're eager to listen to your feedback on using PyInstaller:

 Bug tracker: https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/issues
Schönen Gruß
Hartmut Goebel
Dipl.-Informatiker (univ), CISSP, CSSLP, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer
Information Security Management, Security Governance, Secure Software Development

Goebel Consult, Landshut
http://www.goebel-consult.de

Blog: http://www.goebel-consult.de/blog/bewertung-pgp-verschlusselung-bei-web.de-und-gmx
Kolumne: http://www.cissp-gefluester.de/2012-01-in-die-cloud-in-die-cloud-aber-wo-soll-die-sein

0xBF773B65.asc (14K) Download Attachment
0xBF773B65.asc (14K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] PyInstaller 3.3

Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer)
Does this include the developer branch fix that fixes the Queue/queue module import problem?

I do not see it in the 3.3 changelog here:

https://pyinstaller.readthedocs.io/en/v3.3/CHANGES.html

Best,

coyot

Am 21.09.2017 um 21:13 schrieb Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer):
Does this include the developer branch fix that fixes the Queue/queue module import problem?

Which pull-request or commit you are revering to? If it has been on develop, it is included, otherwise it is not.

--

Blog: http://www.goebel-consult.de/blog/verschlusselte-mailingslisten
Kolumne: http://www.cissp-gefluester.de/2010-09-mut-zur-beschraenkung

On 9/22/17 01:31, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
Am 21.09.2017 um 21:13 schrieb Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer):
Does this include the developer branch fix that fixes the Queue/queue module import problem?

Which pull-request or commit you are revering to? If it has been on develop, it is included, otherwise it is not.

I refer to the bugs described here:

https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/issues/1939
https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/issues/1935

and thread starting here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/pyinstaller/coyot$20queue%7Csort:relevance/pyinstaller/cZrU2Aqy6hk/PahgPaqVBQAJ

I haven't been following PyInstaller pull requests.  What I do know is that we've had to hand deploy PyInstaller to our build machines to use the developer branch because these fixes were not in 2.2.  It would be nice to be able to tell our build engineers that they can forget about that step and use the release build 3.3 which can be installed using pip and build machinery we have that wraps around pip.

Best,

coyot
GLENN GLAZER | Senior Software Engineer
m:
562.305.2920 | email:  [hidden email] | Second Life: Coyot Linden
LINDEN LAB | Create Virtual Experiences

Re: [ANN] PyInstaller 3.3

Hartmut Goebel
Am 22.09.2017 um 16:20 schrieb Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer):
It would be nice to be able to tell our build engineers

I'm working on PyInstaller on my spare time, you get paid. So please find this out yourself. I don't remember if this is fixed. No offense meant.

--

Blog: http://www.goebel-consult.de/blog/get-current-locale-with-ansible
Kolumne: http://www.cissp-gefluester.de/2011-02-fleisige-datensammler-fur-lukratives-geschaeftsmodell-gesucht