[ANN] PyInstaller 3.2.1

Hartmut Goebel
Hello,

on behalf of the PyInstaller development team I'm happy to announce
PyInstaller 3.2.1, the long awaited bug-fix release
   http://www.pyinstaller.org

Thanks for all those who contributed questions, bug-reports or
pull-requests.

=== What it is ===

PyInstaller bundles a Python application and all its dependencies into a
single package. The user can run the packaged app without installing a
Python interpreter or any modules.

PyInstaller reads a Python script written by you. It analyzes your code to
discover every other module and library your script needs in order to
execute.
Then it collects copies of all those files – including the active Python
interpreter! – and puts them with your script in a single folder, or
optionally in a single executable file.

PyInstaller is tested against Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. However, it
is not a cross-compiler: to make a Windows app you run PyInstaller in
Windows; to make a Linux app you run it in Linux, etc. PyInstaller has
been used successfully with AIX, Solaris, and FreeBSD, but is not tested
against them.

=== Installation ===

PyInstaller can be installed from PyPi using

   pip install pyinstaller

=== Changes ===

- Many bug fixes and internal enhancements, the most important ones are:
  - (Windows) Fix additional dependency on the msvcrt10.dll (#1974)
  - (OS X) PyQt5 packaging issues on MacOS (#1874)
  - (Bootloader) fix segfaults (#2176)
- Some new, fixed or enhanced hooks.

The full changelog for this release can be found at:

   https://pyinstaller.readthedocs.io/en/v3.2.1/CHANGES.html

=== Feedback ===

We're eager to listen to your feedback on using PyInstaller:

 Bug tracker: https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller/issues
Schönen Gruß
Hartmut Goebel
Dipl.-Informatiker (univ), CISSP, CSSLP, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer
Information Security Management, Security Governance, Secure Software Development

Goebel Consult, Landshut
http://www.goebel-consult.de

Blog: http://www.goebel-consult.de/blog/bewertung-pgp-verschlusselung-bei-web.de-und-gmx
Kolumne: http://www.cissp-gefluester.de/2012-01-in-die-cloud-in-die-cloud-aber-wo-soll-die-sein

Am 17.01.2017 um 18:31 schrieb Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer):
So, if I understand the changelist correctly, this doesn't yet have the developer branch fix that fixes the Queue/queue module import problem, correct?

Correctly.

--
Schönen Gruß
Hartmut Goebel
Dipl.-Informatiker (univ), CISSP, CSSLP, ISO 27001 Lead Implementer
Information Security Management, Security Governance, Secure Software Development

Goebel Consult, Landshut
http://www.goebel-consult.de

Blog: http://www.goebel-consult.de/blog/vorratsdatenspeicherung-jetzt-verfassungsbeschwerde-unterschreiben
Kolumne: http://www.cissp-gefluester.de/2010-06-adobe-und-der-maiszunsler

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] PyInstaller 3.2.1

Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer)
On 1/17/17 12:28, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Am 17.01.2017 um 18:31 schrieb Coyot Linden (Glenn Glazer):
>> So, if I understand the changelist correctly, this doesn't yet have
>> the developer branch fix that fixes the Queue/queue module import
>> problem, correct?
>
> Correctly.

Thanks, Harmut.

Do you have an idea of when that fix might be released?

Best,

coyot